Make sure that as you’re enjoying summer, you enjoy yourself as well. You know what I mean, needing a vacation after the vacation. Entertaining the kids & family. All the new hotspots, nights out, zoos & museums can leave you fulfilled intellectually but drained at the same time. As you’re enjoying the beautiful weather, don’t burn yourself out by doing too much.
Take some time to enjoy and recharge you as well.
Here are a couple tips to help you recharge yourself.
- Acknowledge that you’re weary and you’re ready to get back to you. Enough is enough.
- Have a conversation with God/Universe/ whoever you believe in. Get back to the source of who leads your life.
- Stay positive. Remind yourself that you’ve been through worse before and you’ve come out on the others side.
- Pep talk yourself. Your mind believes what you tell it. So tell it you whatever you need to get you through this.
- Get quiet, pray or meditate.
- Listen to something positive and motivational. Who do you listen to that will get is together? For me Mary Mary, I Survive and Beyonce’s I’m Feeling Myself, these are my push through and get it together songs.
- Distance yourself from the negative until you’re recharged. I distance myself from negativity when I’m down, I don’t need any other bullshit in my life.
- Do what you need for you to see the sunshine. Take a long hard look at what’s gonna get your out of this, then actually DO IT.
- Escape for a few minutes. My morning shower is my daily escape to recharge myself.
- Read what you need more of. If you need strength read about how to get it, if you need motivation read how to keep it. There are so many resources available like this blog, books, and articles to help you with whatever you need.
Hopefully, this list helps you selfishly recharge when you’ve given all you have to everyone else. Remember when you’re ready to give in or give up. Stop. Center yourself and figure out what you need and do it, or try some of the above tips to help you figure it out. Connect back to you. Make time for what’s important, and that is selfishly you.
Comment below some tips you use to recharge.